Practical course: Web programming
- Lecturer: Prof. Dr. Albrecht Schmidt
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Credit hours: 4
- ECTS-Credits: 6
- Modul: Master P5.0.2 or P5.0.4: Practical course in groups on advanced topics in Informatics I or Informatics II
After consultation with the examination board: recognition for P2, P3 or P6 (advanced topics for master students) possible
Bachelor P17, P18: Advanced topics in Media Informatics I or II
- Language: German
- Webpage under construction.
Date and Location
- Monday, 10am - 12pm c.t., first date: 22.10.2018; additional classroom events regurlarly on Monday.
- Location: CIP pool (A001) at Amalienstr. 17
The practical course Web Programming is directed at students studying (media) informatics. During the course, we will have an in-depth look at topics from "Media in the net" (Multimedia im Netz) and cover common developer tools, such as NodeJS, Angular, and database systems. Those will be taught through practical exercises and through a programming project.
Overview of topics:
- Basics in Server- and Clientprogramming
- Introduction to Node.js and Angular including libraries, e.g. Database connection
- Web Analytics
- Testing and Deployment
This practical course is very labor-intensive. Please take this into account when scheduling your classes.
Central registration process via the UniWorX course. (As of Aug, 13th 2018, 12pm)
Please justify your eligibility for this course (see prerequisites) using the text box during the UniWorX registration process. During the assignment, we will take prerequisites into account. Due to organizational issues, we cannot provide exact prerequisites for the current course at this time. At the earliest, these will be provided during the registration phase.
- Lecture "Media in the net" (Multimedia im Netz) is recommended
- NodeJS (Express or Loopback)
- Experience with Unix terminals
Criteria for the practical course certificate
- Conducting exercises
- Attending lectures
- Conducting a programming project