Practical course: Web programming
- Lecturer: Prof. Dr. Albrecht Schmidt
- Contact: email@example.com
- Credit hours: 4
- ECTS-Credits: 6
- Modul: Master P5.0.2 or P5.0.4: Practical course in groups on advanced topics in Informatics I or Informatics II
After consultation with the examination board: recognition for P2, P3 or P6 (advanced topics for master students) possible
Bachelor P17, P18: Advanced topics in Media Informatics I or II
Slack channel: https://mimuc.slack.com/messages/pwp-ss18/
You can find past iterations of this course on the media informatics teaching websites.
Date and Location
- Monday, 10am - 12pm, first date: Apr, 16th 2018; additional classroom events regurlarly on Monday.
- Location: CIP pool at Amalienstr. 17
The practical course Web Programming is directed at students studying (media) informatics. During the course, we will have an in-depth look at topics from "Media in the net" (Multimedia im Netz) and cover common developer tools, such as NodeJS, Angular, and database systems.
This practical course is very labor-intensive. Please take this into account when scheduling your classes.
Central registration process via the UniWorX course. (As of Feb, 15th 2018, 12pm)
Please justify your eligibility for this course (see prerequisites) using the text box during the UniWorX registration process. During the assignment, we will take prerequisites into account. Due to organizational issues, we cannot provide exact prerequisites for the current course at this time. At the earliest, these will be provided during the registration phase.
Prerequisites (from past iterations)
- Lecture "Media in the net" (Multimedia im Netz) is recommended
- NodeJS (Express or Loopback)
- Experience with Unix terminals
Criteria for the practical course certificate
- Conducting exercises
- Attending lectures
- Conducting a programming project